Last game(s) you bought

Steam sale is over, only bought 2 games but neither took part in the sales ha, Jagged Alliance 3 and Baldur's Gate 3.

Surprisingly, I didn't buy a single game during any Summer sales this year. Maybe I'm finally learning to control my impulse to buy games that I don't need.

I did acquire the premium edition of Starfield over the weekend when I purchased a new video card.

I picked up the expansion for Mutant Year Zero, simply based on how much I enjoyed the base game. It's called Seed of Evil, even got a nice price reduction on it, and I'll likely start playing this content later today.

I picked up Baldur's Gate 3, Theo Town, and SnowRunner. An eclectic little batch.

TheoTown is a 'modern' Sim City 2000. Similar graphical style, but mechanics somewhat more akin to Cities Skylines. Not as much charm, but more stuff to build at least. I like it, but it honestly just makes me go back to SC2K.

Baldur's Gate 3 I'm pretty sure the bulk of people here have. It's a fun western RPG, though to be honest, I haven't fallen in love with it like I did BG1 and 2 back in the day. I start, play a couple of hours, then get tired and drop off for something else. So that playthrough is limited by me playing Might and Magic 6 again, which I start and get lost in still even after all these year. Dangerous on a work day. I was also reminded that I haven't played Wizardry 8 in a long long while, so once MM6 is down, I might be trying to roll with a Faerie Ninja once again.

SnowRunner is basically hardcore offroad simulator. You take a truck, and see how far you can get in the map before getting swept away by a river or buried to the roof in muck. It's fun, but different, and probably not for everyone.

I picked up a couple of games that are on sale currently on Steam. Battle Chasers: Nightwar and World War Z.

I've heard good things about Battle Chasers, though I'm skeptical because it looks JRPGish. World War Z is based on the book/film of the same name and is a third-person shooter that can be played solo or co-op.

I have some money burning a whole in my steam account, and I keep looking at CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION.
I already have the FF7 remake, and I hear this is related? A prequel? Is it worth it?
I still haven't tried the FF7 remake, and I wonder if I should get crisis core.
Still no idea when I'll get to these.

I have some money burning a whole in my steam account, and I keep looking at CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION.
I already have the FF7 remake, and I hear this is related? A prequel? Is it worth it?
No. Crisis Core sucks. Give it a try if you want to see for yourself, but I think you'll refund it.

As for the connection to FF7, it's pretty thin. You're better off just reading the synopsis.

My latest addition to the backlog is Undertale. I've heard many good things about the game and grabbed it cheap on GOG the other day. I will probably give it a try once I finish Horizon zero dawn.

Well you could say it's a prequel becuse it tells the story of Zack who was the mentor of Cloud. It's actually a remake of the PSP version from over a decade ago.

I enjoyed it back in the day but couldn't see myself buying it again.

Over the last month:

Nevergrind Online
Tower Walker
Kingsblood
Gedonia
Caves of Lore
Monster Sanctuary

I haven't played the last 3 yet, I should get on that. I have a bad habit of buying a lot of games on sale and never playing them.

I picked up Elden Rings to coop with hubby. I wasn't a huge fan of Dark Souls 3 but I loved playing Monster Hunter: World with hubby so... why not :)

I picked up Elden Rings to coop with hubby. I wasn't a huge fan of Dark Souls 3 but I loved playing Monster Hunter: World with hubby so... why not :)
Nice. I didn't know there was a coop mode; that must be fun. Hope you'll enjoy it!

I've been tempted, even though I'm not a fan of souls-like games. Maybe when there's a discount and all those games on my list have been played.

Nice. I didn't know there was a coop mode; that must be fun. Hope you'll enjoy it!

I've been tempted, even though I'm not a fan of souls-like games. Maybe when there's a discount and all those games on my list have been played.
There isn't a co-op mode, per se, not in the way most games that have them have them, but you can easily both log on and find each other in the world and play through the game together. You can do that with anyone logging in from anywhere. The online in Fromsoft games is still very unique and very cool.

There isn't a co-op mode, per se, not in the way most games that have them have them, but you can easily both log on and find each other in the world and play through the game together. You can do that with anyone logging in from anywhere. The online in Fromsoft games is still very unique and very cool.
Funny, I never realized that was possible. Not sure why, but I thought player summons were limited to boss fights and PvP.

Funny, I never realized that was possible. Not sure why, but I thought player summons were limited to boss fights and PvP.
Actually, you're right, I don't think you can simply roam around the countryside together.

I'm very familiar with their games, but less so with exactly how multiplayer works. I know just from the items and watching some videos that there are quite a few permutations.

Thanks :) to be specific, we will be using a mod to coop together. As JFarrell mentioned there is some sort of coop built into the game but its not ideal but there is a mod available that will enable more traditional coop mode :)

Thanks :) to be specific, we will be using a mod to coop together. As JFarrell mentioned there is some sort of coop built into the game but its not ideal but there is a mod available that will enable more traditional coop mode :)
Oooh, let us know how that goes.
I have a friend that was interested in the game, specifically in playing it coop with me, but he bumped it way down his priority list when he found out it wasn't "proper" coop. This could get him re-interested.

Back
Top Bottom