Last game(s) you bought

Necromunda: Hired Gun
No idea if it's any good, but I like Warhammer 40K in general, and it was on sale.

Guardians of the Galaxy for $17.99 Even though it looks to me like an inferior Mass Effect, reviews are very positive and Starfield is still months away.

I picked up Guardians of the Galaxy today. I normally avoid anything Marvel when it comes to gaming, but everyone seems to like this one. I almost purchased it last week when it was discounted on Steam. Green Man Gaming has it even cheaper right now so I got it there.

I picked up Guardians of the Galaxy today. I normally avoid anything Marvel when it comes to gaming, but everyone seems to like this one. I almost purchased it last week when it was discounted on Steam. Green Man Gaming has it even cheaper right now so I got it there.
I've heard it's like Marvel does Mass Effect. Will be interested in your opinion.

I had a look at the For The King II beta. It's pretty much the same as 1. Polished up a bit. I still feel like the Taunt skill should do a bit of damage. Seems like a waste of a turn to not do any damage. With the new front rank/back rank combat hiding behind someone with a shield makes you untargetable which I feel makes 2h weapons useless. You also get to pick a few items and a bonus perk before the game starts. Scroll of teleport will cost 3 of your chars 5 setup points, for eg. Perks are free but you can only have 1 each. They're quite good, too. "Gifted", for eg, gives +5 to all stats.

Since I was already interested in the remake of System Shock, I got it early since it apparently also included the enhanced edition of System Shock 2.
I never managed to get into this series, and I'm sort of interested in it. Since I love the spiritual successors of it.
I think I tried System Shock 2 once, but the horror elements kind of kept me away. But I'd like to try it all again.

Since I was already interested in the remake of System Shock, I got it early since it apparently also included the enhanced edition of System Shock 2.
I never managed to get into this series, and I'm sort of interested in it. Since I love the spiritual successors of it.
I think I tried System Shock 2 once, but the horror elements kind of kept me away. But I'd like to try it all again.
I think the horror element are one of the best things about SS2, although they're pretty mild by today's standards. If I were you, I'd wait until they release SS2 EE and play both games back to back.

I think the horror element are one of the best things about SS2, although they're pretty mild by today's standards. If I were you, I'd wait until they release SS2 EE and play both games back to back.
That's basically the plan. I hope the SS2 EE at least manages to make it run properly on modern systems and with ultrawide resolution support.
The actual graphical improvements are ok, but nothing too remarkable. Which is fine, as long as it runs properly at ultrawide. If they manage that, I'm pleased.

That's basically the plan. I hope the SS2 EE at least manages to make it run properly on modern systems and with ultrawide resolution support.
The actual graphical improvements are ok, but nothing too remarkable. Which is fine, as long as it runs properly at ultrawide. If they manage that, I'm pleased.
Not sure about ultrawide support (I assume the enhanced edition it will have it), but SS2 runs fine on modern systems. I replayed it a few years ago on Windows 10 without any issues.

I quite enjoyed the first Alan Wake and will be keen to read what folks here think about the sequel. I, however, won't be even considering a purchase until it's available on either great old games or steam.

I quite enjoyed the first Alan Wake and will be keen to read what folks here think about the sequel. I, however, won't be even considering a purchase until it's available on either great old games or steam.
Normally I'd also wait for steam. But it's Remedy.

on steam
Warlords Battlecry III | Steelrising | Asterigos: Curse of the Stars | GRIME

After logging into Battle.net on a whim and chatting with some friends I haven't seen in 5-10 years, I succumbed to buying Diablo 4. So far, it's actually reminiscent of Diablo 2 - so that's a good thing. The build variety is lightyears behind Path of Exile and the maps/enemies can blur into one another with just how similar it all looks... but it's fun. At least for now.

Back
Top Bottom