The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Curious how a MJ song got put together listen on.

And now: My Life in the Bush of Ghosts.

Here's "Moonlight Glory":
Yepp, it's a weird album (but well worth listening to).

pibbuR who these days is (re)building minor parts of his house

PS. I'll give you another one: Mea Culpa.
DS.

PPS. And another one:
DS.

PPPS. And ....
DS.

Some MJ songs for once.(y)
My favourite Michael Jackson song is Thriller.

Here's Beat it.

There is a HD version on youtube, but the link can't be embedded.

pibbuR who wanna be an old man - eventually.

Last edited:
Today it's the day for a band I suspect many of you haven't heard about: Circle of Illusion, and their debut album "Jeremias - Foreshadow of Forgotten Realms"

Here's the "Beginning".

The album was released in 2013, and sad to say, there are AFAIK no more records from the band, don't know if they still exist. Anyhow, this one is well worth listening to if you like prog/prog metal.

pibbuR whose memory returns with dreams and nightmares

Today is the day for a band I know very few of you have heard about: The Cut, a Norwegian New Wave band operating between 1980 and 1984. From their album Shadow Talks, here is "The Crowd".

pibbuR who thinks anything more than 2 people is a crowd.

PS. The song is allegedly inspired by this novella by Ray Bradbury:
DS

Last edited:
I've honestly never heard of the Cut, or have no memory of them, I'll try to que some up and enlighten myself!
It would REALLY surprise me if you had heard of 40 year old extinct Norwegian New Wave band. They are however represented by their two studio albums on iTunes, "Shadow Talks" and "Silent Movies". The first one is IMNSHO their best.

pibbuR who only considers Cut named bands from the early eighties as The Cut.

Last edited:
I listened to Metallica's new album earlier today, Seventy-two Seasons. All in all I thought it was ok, the music didn't seem very varied, though what's there is good. While I may not be a big fan of their recent albums, there's no denying that all these guys are masters of their professed instruments, without a doubt. Yet when I think of really great Metallica music, it's those four first albums that always come to my mind, specifically Ride the Lightening being my absolute favourite.

Band: Dead Weather (with Jack White and Alison Mosshart).
Album: Horehound.
Song: 60 Feet Tall.
'nuff said.

pibbuR who is slightly smaller.

I was a big fan of the Pyromania album when it came out a few decades ago.

Yesterday I was listening to some Springsteen, some of his early seventies offerings. Great then and even better now! -)

I love Def Leppard. Such a fun band. And they did a better job at that style of rock music than Bon Jovi.

On the new Metallica album, I skipped around through some of the songs, and I was either not in the mood, or just didn't hear anything too worthwhile.
For some reason all songs feel kind of samey. No particular punch. Though, again, with the caveat that I only skipped around through the whole thing on youtube.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w772GXG5LnE

Today it's time for a real classic: Scenes From a Memory by Dream Theater. So I'll give you two samples.

This one:

And this one:

pibbuR who assures the watch there will be more DT in the coming days.

PS.
In 2012, the readers of Rolling Stone voted the album into the #1 position of their "Your Favorite Prog Rock Albums of All Time" (Wikipedia). It has to be said that this was the result of an internet campaign among fans. I think it's a very good album, but it's not quite up there with for instance Close to the Edge (Yes) and Physical Grafitti (Led Zeppelin). IMNSHO.
DS.

And now for something completely different, which I at the moment of writing discovered 7 minutes ago:

pibbuR who observes that they don't sound quite like he expected. And who says thank you for that.

Back
Top Bottom