Last game(s) you bought

Didn't you pre-order Returnal? How's that one? :)
Very solid. The gameplay and combat are tight. And I love the look of the alien planet. Gives me strong Alien Covenant or Prometheus vibes.
Also looks good. And the story seems intriguing enough. The only minus might be the roguelike nature of the whole game. I'm not used to roguelikes.
But if the story and combat keeps up I seem myself trying to push through the escalating difficulty.

Last edited:
Very solid. The gameplay and combat are tight. And I love the look of the alien Planet. Gives me strong Alien Covenant or Prometheus vibes.
Also looks good. And the story seems intriguing enough. The only minus might be the roguelike nature of the whole game. I'm not used to roguelikes.
But if the story combat keeps up I seem myself trying to push through the escalating difficulty.
It's funny because Prometheus is exactly what I thought of the first time I saw footage of Returnal. It does have a very cool atmosphere.

I ultimately decided to pass though. That type of gameplay loop doesn't appeal to me, and I was disappointed that we can't choose another protagonist.

Everspace 2

What I really want is another good open-world RPG after KCD and CP2077, but I haven't found any that tempted me and to be honest... I've already spent a lot of time on those two games. I was curious about this one, time to check it out.

I've bought a couple of games on a whim
Inkulnati is a turn based card type game. It is just about OK. The aesthetic is quite unique but the rest is nothing to write home about in my opinion.

Against the Storm is a strategy type city builder with a rogue lite element. This one I thought I wouldn't enjoy really but the reviews I saw were really good so I decided to try it out and it really was fun. I ended up playing till past 3AM.
I woke up and played another map as the kids were out in the morning... This is one that is more fun that it should be for all intents and purposes.

Vampire Survivors
A game with very little gameplay, which nevertheless has that "just one more go" about it. Also, cheap as chips.

Edit: Against the Storm looks pretty good, @Pladio. Cheers, wishlisted.

Very solid. The gameplay and combat are tight. And I love the look of the alien planet. Gives me strong Alien Covenant or Prometheus vibes.
But if the story and combat keeps up I seem myself trying to push through the escalating difficulty.
I gave it a look. Played one game up to the boss, died in phase 3 from those quick melee attacks. Almost got him. :)

I gotta agree. Gameplay is great, graphics and atmosphere are fantastic. Definitely big Prometheus vibes. That bit where you find your house gave me a kinda Max Payne feeling.

But I play a lot of (traditional) roguelikes and tend to check out the modern ones, like Dead Cells, too. It's probably my most played genre. That's probably where Returnal is weakest. It took a fair while to clear the map but after I died I really didn't feel any motivation to do it all again. Like, I can see there some stuff in the maps that I need to unlock some "xeno tech" to access. Like those orange bridges. That's similar to modern RLs like Deadcells shortcut items. But I don't think the action game progression system is good enough. No level ups or builds or artifact items. Just got 3 guns and a couple of consumables to find.

It's weird. I kinda wanna play more but I kinda CBF. Maybe if I just run straight to the boss. But there must be something wrong with the roguelike aspects for me to feel like this. Maybe it needs more race/class options! :D Because I've restarted games like dcss, tome, angband, etc hundreds of times and their bump combat gameplay is vastly inferior to the excellent combat in Returnal.

I am currently in Mexico with my wife, visiting her family. And here I discovered the - probably mixed - blessings of regional pricing: Many games on GOG are extremely cheap for me in comparison to the German prices.

I just bought for example Disco Elysium for 3 Euros. The lowest in Germany was 10 Euros so far. I still am flirting with Pathfinder - Wrath of the righteous: the most expensive edition is just 14 Euros. But my backlog is at the moment about 500 hours, so I am a bit reluctant...

But you can't cheat the system. I wanted to gift Pillars of Eternity 2 to a friend for 5 Euros, but it didn't let me, so I had to pay 14 Euros.

Inkulnati is a turn based card type game. It is just about OK. The aesthetic is quite unique but the rest is nothing to write home about in my opinion.

That is a pity, because it really looks unique and pretty silly (in a good way).

I am currently in Mexico with my wife, visiting her family. And here I discovered the - probably mixed - blessings of regional pricing: Many games on GOG are extremely cheap for me in comparison to the German prices.

I just bought for example Disco Elysium for 3 Euros. The lowest in Germany was 10 Euros so far. I still am flirting with Pathfinder - Wrath of the righteous: the most expensive edition is just 14 Euros. But my backlog is at the moment about 500 hours, so I am a bit reluctant...

But you can't cheat the system. I wanted to gift Pillars of Eternity 2 to a friend for 5 Euros, but it didn't let me, so I had to pay 14 Euros.

That is a pity, because it really looks unique and pretty silly (in a good way).
If you can get Humble Choice still it has Pathfinder WOTR for $10 or something.

I bought another game called Othercide which looks like a fun turn-based combat game. But I haven't started yet as I'm playing through Encased still as well as Div OS2 and Against the Storm. So I need to stop one of them before I start a new one.

Steam sale is on, got some stuff
OUTRIDERS | Weird West | BIOMUTANT | RAGE 2 | Fallout 4 | Titan Quest: Eternal Embers | Titan Quest: Atlantis | Titan Quest: Ragnarök | Wolfenstein: The New Order | Necromunda: Hired Gun | Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition | Dishonored®: Death of the Outsider™ | Dishonored 2 | Prey

Just got Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year - Deluxe edition on steam for only $5.99

I bought it because the intriguing upcoming mod, SkyBlivion, requires it. By "upcoming",
they said 2025 is what they are shooting for, so keep that in mind, lol - its still a while yet.

Gloomhaven | The Evil Within 2 | Stock Car Extreme | The Evil Within Bundle | The Long Dark | Fallout 76
and thats it with this steam sale :eek:

I was pretty conservative during this round of sales. Besides Pathfinder: WotR, I only picked up two other games: Generation Zero and Tormented Souls.

Hmm with all this hype around here, just bought Wartales on steam. With BG3 far away and Rogue Trader probably 2024, need something new to play :D

Back
Top Bottom